Customized Self-Pay Collections Customized for Your Receivable Needs
Each Patient/Guarantor will receive a Dunning Notice/Letter detailing the date, provider name and the amount due. RTR will seek to establish telephone contact with the Patient/Guarantor within five (5) business days of the mailing of the initial Dunning Notice/Letter. In the event of an invalid address, RTR employs several third party resources dedicated to retrieving current Patient/Guarantor addresses.
In RTR’s effort to resolve the account both quickly and successfully, RTR’s Customer Service teams will attempt to contact the Patient/Guarantor by telephone within five (5) business days of the mailing of the initial Dunning Notice/Letter. Our Customer Service teams will initiate telephone contact between the hours of 9am - 8pm (Monday through Thursday) and 9am - 5pm (Friday through Saturday). As with addresses, in the event of invalid telephone numbers RTR employs several third party resources dedicated to retrieving current Patient/Guarantor telephone numbers.
If a Patient/Guarantor disputes a bill, RTR’s Customer Service teams will:
- Document all account activity, including the scanning of all patient correspondence.
- Hold the account in abeyance until documenting all reasoning of balance owed.
- Obtain billing and/or explanation of benefits from Insurance Carrier regarding balance owed.
If a Patient/Guarantor is unable to make payment in full, RTR’s Customer Service teams will:
- Structure a payment plan based on the Client's payment Guidelines.
- Issue a formal letter of agreement.
If the Patient/Guarantor refuses to pay and/or ignores RTR's correspondence, RTR’s legal team will:
- Send a Final Letter on attorney letterhead, if appropriate.
- Historically, the Final Letter yields an additional 15-20% more in reimbursements.
When a Patient/Guarantor payment solution is implemented, RTR’s Customer Service teams will
- Upon prompt payment, issue the Patient/Guarantor a receipt of payment and an envelope for the next payment.
- Once final payment is received, RTR will send the patient/guarantor a letter acknowledging that the account has been paid in full.